Last modified: September 23, 2015
This whichbox® - Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") applies to the use of any product, service or website provided by us (whichbox®), whether we provide it directly or use another party to provide it to you (each, whichbox® “Service"). This AUP is designed to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations that apply to the Service. This AUP also protects the interests of all of our clients and their customers, as well as our goodwill and reputation. These terms are so important that we cannot provide the Service unless you agree to them. By using the Service, you are agreeing to these terms.
If you are using any Service, this AUP applies to you. Every client of ours agrees to abide by this AUP and is responsible for any violations. You are not allowed to assist or engage others in a way that would violate this AUP. We will enforce and ensure compliance with this AUP by using methods we consider to be appropriate, such as complaint and email failure monitoring.
We periodically update these terms and we will let you know when we do via email for as long as you are an active Subscriber to the Service. You agree to review the AUP on a regular basis and always remain in compliance.
- Reporting Suspected Violations
- We encourage reports of suspected AUP violations be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org. If abuse involves email, please forward the suspect email with FULL headers to email@example.com. We have a policy to investigate all of these reports and to respond in the way we consider appropriate.
- If you know of, or suspect, a violation of this AUP, you will promptly notify us in writing of the known or suspected violation of this AUP.
- Email Policy. The Service does not include an outbound email function. Regardless, it is our Policy that:
- No SPAM Is Permitted. The Service does not include an outbound email function. Regardless, it is our Policy that you may not use the Service in any way (directly or indirectly) to send, transmit, handle, distribute or deliver, even by third-party service, promoting or otherwise referencing your Website that is delivered as part of your Service Subscription. You may not:
- Send Unsolicited email ("spam" or "spamming") in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act (referenced below) or any other law.
- Send Email to an address obtained via Internet harvesting methods or any surreptitious methods (e.g., scraping or harvesting); (c) email to an address that is incomplete, inaccurate and/or not updated for all applicable opt-out notifications, using best efforts and best practices in the industry.
- Prohibited Email Content and Formatting; Email Best Practices.
- Email sent, or caused to be sent to or through or in association with the Website associated with your Service Subscription may not:
- Use or contain invalid or forged headers.
- Use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names.
- Employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path.
- Use other means of deceptive addressing.
- Use a third party's internet domain name without their consent, or be relayed from or through a third party's equipment without the third party’s permission.
- Contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content.
- Use our trademark(s), tagline(s), or logo(s) without our prior written consent and only then pursuant to our trademark usage guidelines.
- If you use email, in relation to the Website associated with the Service, we recommend that you adopt the Messaging, Malware and Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group (M3AAWG) Sender Best Communications Practices (BCP), which were created and agreed upon with collaborative input from both volume email senders and Internet Service Providers. The Sender Best Communications Practices document is available at http://www.m3aawg.org/sites/maawg/files/news/MAAWG_Senders_BCP_Ver2a-updated.pdf. You will use commercially reasonable efforts to follow these practices.
- Telephone Marketing. For Telephone Marketing associated with the Website corresponding to your Service, you must comply with all laws relating to telephone marketing, including without limitation those specifically referenced in the ‘Proper Usage of Service’ section below.
- No Disruption. You agree not to use the Service in a way that impacts the normal operation, privacy, integrity or security of another's property. Another’s property includes another’s account(s), domain name(s), URL(s), website(s), network(s), system(s), facilities, equipment, data, other information, or business operations. Examples of prohibited actions include (without limitation): hacking, spoofing, denial of service, transmission of any virus or propagating worm(s), or any malware, whether spyware, adware or other such file or program. These restrictions apply regardless of your intent and whether or not you act intentionally or unintentionally.
- Proper Usage of the Service. In addition, and without limiting the other requirements in this AUP, you may not (directly or indirectly) use the Service with content, or in a manner that
- Is threatening, abusive, harassing, stalking or defamatory.
- Is deceptive, false, misleading or fraudulent.
- Is invasive of another's privacy or otherwise violates another’s legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity).
- Contains vulgar, obscene, indecent or unlawful material.
- Infringes a third party's intellectual property right(s).
- Publishes, posts, uploads, or otherwise distributes any software, music, videos, or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you have all necessary rights and consents to do so
- Uploads files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another person's computer.
- Downloads any file that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in that way
- Falsifies or deletes any author attributions, legal or proprietary designations, labels of the origin or source of software, or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restricts or inhibits any other user of the Service from using and enjoying our website and/or the Service
- Harvests or otherwise collects information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent
- Violates the usage standards or rules of an entity affected by your use, including without limitation any ISP, ESP, or news or user group (and including by way of example and not limitation circumventing or exceeding equipment use rights and restrictions and/or location and path identification detail).
- Is legally actionable between private parties.
- Is in violation of any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation, including all export laws and regulations and without limitation the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM Act) (15 U.S.C. § 7701 et seq.), the U.S Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (47 U.S.C. § 227), the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act of 2003 (15 U.S.C. § 6152 et seq.; originally codified at § 6101 note), the Directive 2000/31/EC of the European Parliament and Council of 8 June 2000, on certain legal aspects of information society services, in particular, electronic commerce in the Internal Market ('Directive on Electronic Commerce'), along with the Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and Council of 12 July 2002, concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector ('Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications'), regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission, any rules of national or other securities exchange, including without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) (S.C. 2000, c. 5), Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) (S.C. 2010, c. 23), and any regulations having the force of law or laws in force in your or your email recipient's country of residence.
- You will use the Service for your internal business purposes and will not:
- Willfully tamper with the security of the Service or tamper with our customer accounts.
- Access data on the Service not intended for you.
- Log into a server or account on the Service that you are not authorized to access..
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Service or to breach the security or authentication measures without proper authorization.
- Willfully render any part of the Service unusable..
- Lease, distribute, license, sell or otherwise commercially exploit the Service or make the Service available to a third party other than as contemplated in your subscription to the Service.
- Use the Service for timesharing or service bureau purposes or otherwise for the benefit of a third party.
- Provide to third parties any evaluation version of the Service without our prior written consent.
- whichbox® Trademark Use. Unless you have our express prior written permission, you may not use any name, logo, tagline or other mark of ours or the Service, or any identifier or tag generated by the Service, including without limitation: (a) as a hypertext link to any website or other location (except as provided for or enabled expressly by us); (b) to imply identification with us as an employee, contractor, agent or other similar representative capacity. You also agree not to remove or alter any of these items as we may have provided or enabled.
- General Terms
- If you breach this AUP we may immediately suspend your access to the Service. We may also terminate your Subscription Agreement for cause if you breach this AUP. You acknowledge we may disclose information regarding your use of any Service to satisfy any law, regulation, government request, court order, subpoena or other legal process. If we make this type of required disclosure we will notify you, unless we are required to keep the disclosure confidential.
- We are not obligated to, but may choose to, remove any prohibited materials and deny access to any person who violates this AUP. We further reserve all other rights.
- We may update and change any part or all of this AUP. If we update or change this AUP, the updated AUP will be posted at http://whichboxmedia.com/acceptable-use-policy. If you have a whichbox® Subscription, we will we will let you know via email. The updated AUP will become effective and binding on the next business day after it is posted. When we change this AUP, the "Last Modified" date above will be updated to reflect the date of the most recent version. We encourage you to review this AUP periodically.